Data access and usage
Five waves of BNLA data are available to approved data users.
How to apply
Instructions for how to apply for Release 5 of BNLA can be found on the Dataverse website.
To gain access to BNLA data:
- register with Dataverse using the Dataverse registration form
- read the Longitudinal Studies Data Access and Use Guidelines
- download and sign the Confidentiality Deed Poll and, if applicable, complete the Longitudinal Studies Data Holdings Form (to be emailed to [email protected] and [email protected]).
Then, on the BNLA Dataverse page:
- select Release 5 (Waves 1-5)
- select ‘Request Access’ and complete the application form.
For more information, email the BNLA data manager at [email protected].
For further information about study data, see:
- The Building a New Life in Australia Dataset (August 2017)
- Cohort Profile: Building a New Life in Australia (February 2018)
- Data documentation
Data documentation includes a data dictionary, notes for data users and a Data User Guide. The Data User Guide provides an overview of the project’s background, aims and objectives and provides details of the study population, methodology, sample selection and characteristics, variable naming conventions and standardised scales used in the survey.
- Study questionnaires
Questionnaires used in each of the waves for which data has been released. The questionnaires are annotated with variable names.
Wave 5 data release is now available